Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A word from Laetitia Casta


Mes chers amis,

You might remember me as a former Victoria Secret's and Sports Illustrated Swimsuit model. I was chosen in 1999 by the Mayors Association of France to be the model for a bust of Marianne, a symbol of the French Republic, which stands proudly in every city hall in the nation. Shortly thereafter, I took up residence in London to save a few Euros in taxes, making some of my fellow French countrymen very upset. Since, I've pretty much retired from print and I've been busy making movies (check out my imdb!). I am proud to announce that I was recently cast for a lead role in Visages (Faces), the upcoming film by Taiwanese director Ming-liang Tsai, scheduled for a 2009 release. As you probably know, Tsai won a Berlin Silver Bear in 2005 for A Wayward Cloud and a Venice Golden Lion in 1994 for Vive l’amour. Visages is set and shot in the Louvre. Unfortunately, most of my films tend to be in French and not available in North America. So, just so you don't forget me, I've posted below a saucy music video I shot a while back with my good pal Chris Isaak.

Je vous aime,

Laetitia.

1 comment:

Nimmzo said...

What! An introduction and a conclusion in French!

You wrote about the Laetitia's movies:
"not available in North America."

Tsai would present his movie Face
in Harvard on Nov. 14, 2009
then in New York on Nov. 15, 2009.

By the way Laetitia took up residence in London
for "a story of ... love." It sounds like the title
of the song she sang in Spanish in the movie Face.

Would you dare to meet Salome in WonderLouvre?
--in French (with American subtitles)--
.